IRWIN® TOOLS HOME CENTER “ULTIMATE TRADESMAN” CONTEST
January 1, 2015 – July 31, 2015
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Irwin Tools Home Center “Ultimate Tradesman” Contest (the “Contest”) is open only to, and both the nominator and the nominee must be, individual, legal residents of the United States who are 18 years of age and older. Employees, officers and directors of Irwin Industrial Tool Company (“Sponsor”), Newell Rubbermaid Inc., Lowe’s Companies Inc. (“Lowe’s”) Advantage Sales & Marketing LLC d/b/a Integrated Marketing Services (“IMS”) and each of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and advertising and promotion agencies, participating retailers and each such person’s IRS dependents, immediate families (spouse, siblings, children, parents and their respective spouses) and those living in their same households, whether or not related, are not eligible to nominate someone or win a prize. Void where prohibited.
- TO ENTER: The Contest begins at 12:00:01 AM ET on January 1, 2015 and ends at 11:59:59 ET on July 31, 2015 (the “Promotion Period”). Nominate a professional tradesman who has made a difference in your community and is deserving of the “Irwin Tools Home Center 2015 National Tradesman” title by visiting www.nominateatradesman.com during the Promotion Period and following the instructions to complete and submit the nomination form (a “Nomination”). You may nominate yourself if you are a professional tradesman. Nomination must include an essay of no more than 500 words stating why you believe your nominated professional tradesman has made a difference in his or her community. Essay must convey the nominated professional tradesman’s innovation and passion for his/her trade through community service. A “professional tradesman” is defined as a person, who for his/her profession has been paid to perform a skill/trade and utilizes tools and/or power tools to complete this skill or trade. The essay must be factually accurate, e.g., based on actual events and circumstances. The essay must be written in English or Spanish. Nominations must be received by 11:59:59 PM ET on July 31, 2015. Limit one nomination per person as nominator. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for late, incomplete or inaccurate Nominations, and all such Nominations will be void. Released Parties are also not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature.
Essay must be original, created solely by nominator, unpublished, may not have been submitted in any other competition (including without limitation the current Irwin Tools “Ultimate Tradesman” Contest), and cannot infringe upon any rights of any third party including but not limited to any copyright, trade name, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity or any other rights of any person or entity. The essay must not have won any other prize or award, must not have been previously published, and must not have been submitted in any other contest, promotional event, or publication at any time. Once submitted, the essay may not be further edited. The Sponsor reserves the right to investigate and validate independently any and all information set forth in a Nomination. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Nomination it deems to be inappropriate, offensive or not in keeping with Sponsor’s image, in its sole discretion. Essays that exceed 500 words, or which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, are deemed not to be original or are deemed to be inappropriate for publication will be ineligible. All Nominations become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By participating, nominators and, by accepting a prize, prize winners, agree to be bound by these Official Rules. A Nomination may be withdrawn in Sponsor’s discretion if nominee requests the nomination be withdrawn.
- JUDGING: All eligible Nominations received will be judged by a panel of qualified judges from Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding in all judging matters relating to this Contest. Nominations will be judged on the following equally-weighted criteria: 1) keeping with the spirit of the Ultimate Tradesman theme, 2) the impact made by the nominee in his or her community and 3) the nominee’s passion for his/her trade. Nominations will be judged solely on the basis of information submitted with the Contest essay. Nominations will be divided into seven monthly judging periods, described below, based on the date on which each Nomination is received (judging selection dates listed below are approximate). For each of these seven monthly judging periods, the nominee whose Nomination receives the highest score will be declared a Finalist, subject to verification, and will receive a Finalist Prize described below. All Finalists will be judged by a second panel of qualified judges from Sponsor using the same criteria, and the nominee whose Nomination receives the highest score among the seven Finalists will be declared the Grand Prize winner. In the event of a tie, tied Nominations will be judged by an additional tie-breaking judge using the same criteria. Finalists will be notified by phone, and/or overnight mail on or about the judging selection date listed below. The Grand Prize winner will be notified by phone, and/or overnight mail on or about August 21, 2015. Sponsor is not obligated to notify the nominator that his or her nominee has been selected as a prize winner.
Finalist 1; start: 1/1/2015 at 12:00:01 AM ET; end: 1/31/2015 at 11:59:59 ET; Judging selection: 2/17/2015
Finalist 2; start: 2/1/2015 at 12:00:01 AM ET; end: 2/28/2015 at 11:59:59 ET; Judging selection: 3/17/2015
Finalist 3; start: 3/1/2015 at 12:00:01 AM ET; end: 3/31/2015 at 11:59:59 ET; Judging selection: 4/16/2015
Finalist 4; start: 4/1/2015 at 12:00:01 AM ET; end: 4/30/2015 at 11:59:59 ET; Judging selection: 5/18/2015
Finalist 5; start: 5/1/2015 at 12:00:01 AM ET; end: 5/31/2015 at 11:59:59 ET; Judging selection: 6/16/2015
Finalist 6; start: 6/1/2015 at 12:00:01 AM ET; end: 6/30/2015 at 11:59:59 ET; Judging selection: 7/16/2015
Finalist 7; start: 7/1/2015 at 12:00:01 AM ET; end: 7/31/2015 at 11:59:59 ET; Judging selection: 8/14/2015
- PRIZES: Seven (7) Finalist Prizes: a 16” Contractor’s Bag, a 2-piece GrooveLock Pliers set, a 50-pack of Bi-Metal Utility Blades, a 3-piece Speedbor Max, a 2-piece Fast Release Locking Pliers, a 10” Curved Jaw Original Locking Plier, a Mach6 Reel with Red Chalk Combo, a Self-Adjusting Wire Stripper, a 6” Mini Clamp (2 pack) and a 7 ¼” Marathon with Weld Tec. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of Finalist Prize: USD $175.00. One (1) Grand Prize: A 2015 Ford F-150 4x4 SuperCrew Cab Pickup truck (“Vehicle”), a pre-determined selection of IRWIN® Tools valued at USD $2,000.00 as specified by Sponsor, and USD $2,000.00 cash. The winner and up to one (1) guest will attend the “2015 Home Center National Tradesman Crowning” (the “Prize Ceremony”) at the Lowe’s store nearest the grand prize winner’s home address or an alternate store location designated by the Sponsor (the “Ceremony Location”), where winner will be crowned the Irwin 2015 Home Center National Tradesman in September 2015 (date to be announced by Sponsor). Cash will be awarded in the form of a check made payable to the winner. Check will be payable in U.S. Dollars regardless of winner’s residence. Winner must accept the Vehicle as is. Color, options and other features of the Vehicle to be specified by Sponsor. Grand prize winner must accept delivery of Vehicle as specified by Sponsor, at a designated address near his/her residence; provided that if grand prize winner resides outside the 48 contiguous states of the United States (plus D.C.), he or she must designate a delivery address within the 48 contiguous states, and will be responsible for any incremental costs of moving the Vehicle beyond such designated address. Grand prize winner is responsible for title, license and registration fees and local tax and/or duty fees (if required); and must have a valid driver’s license and provide evidence of insurance at time the Vehicle is awarded. Vehicle awarded may vary in model, color and accessories from that depicted in advertising and promotional materials. In the event that the grand prize winner resides more than 50 miles from the Ceremony Location, the Sponsor will also furnish to the grand prize winner round trip, coach air transportation for winner and one (1) guest from a major gateway airport near winner’s home to a major gateway airport near the Ceremony Location, two nights hotel accommodations (double occupancy), rental car (eligible drivers only; excludes gas, tolls, parking, insurance, collision damage waiver and is subject to car rental terms & conditions) and air & hotel taxes. Winner & guest must travel together on the same itinerary and must travel on dates as specified by Sponsor. If winner lives more than 50 miles but within 200 miles of the Ceremony Location, ground transportation will be provided in lieu of air. ARV of Grand Prize: USD $55,380.00. Any difference between the estimated ARV stated above and the actual value will not be awarded.
Total ARV of all prizes: USD $56,605.00. Limit one (1) Finalist Prize per person or household. Allow 4-6 weeks for shipment of Finalist Prize from date winner is confirmed.
Grand prize winner must attend the Prize Ceremony in order to claim prize. Prizes will be awarded to the winning nominees; nominators will not receive a prize (unless the nominator nominated himself or herself). No substitution, assignment or transfer of prize permitted by winner. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize in whole or part with a prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion if an advertised prize becomes unavailable. If a winner is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of, or to, winner’s parent/legal guardian who must execute all documents and agree to all obligations and undertakings of winner. All federal, state and local taxes and any other costs and expenses associated with the acceptance and use of the prize are the sole responsibility of each winner, and each winner must complete all forms requested by Sponsor to evidence and accomplish such (“Tax Forms”).
- OWNERSHIP/USE: Submission of a Nomination constitutes the nominator’s consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to the Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in the Nomination and essay as part of the Nomination, including, without limitation, all copyrights, and the nominator waives all moral rights in respect of the Nomination and the essay. By submitting a Nomination and essay, the nominator represents and warrants that (a) the essay is original work created solely by the nominator and all factual matters set forth therein are true, (b) the essay does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, (c) use and publication of the essay by Sponsor will not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/public or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, (d) the essay has not previously been and will not in the future be entered in any other contest, and (e) the essay has not been previously published in any medium. By submitting a Nomination and essay, the nominator further agrees that Sponsor may exploit, edit, modify, and distribute the essay and all elements of such entry, including, without limitation, the names and likenesses of any persons or locations embodied therein, in any and all media now known or not currently known, throughout the world in perpetuity without compensation, permission or notification to entrant or any third party. Each winner, by acceptance of prize, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor and its designees to use his/her name, photograph, biographical information contained in winning essay, voice and/or likeness for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, at any time, in all media now known or hereafter discovered worldwide and on the Internet without notice or review or approval.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: All details and other restrictions of any prize not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. By submitting a Nomination or accepting a prize, as applicable, each nominator and winner agrees to release and hold Sponsor, Lowe’s, participating retailers, IMS and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) harmless from and against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, to persons, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in this Contest or in any Contest-related activity including preparing for and traveling to any Prize-related activity. Winners will be required to attend the Prize Ceremony (in the case of the grand prize winner) and show valid U.S. government-issued Identification and complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, an affidavit that all information included in the Nomination essay is true and correct, a Liability Release, Tax Forms and (where legal) a consent to background check and a Publicity Release. If a winner is unable or unwilling or otherwise fails to attend the Prize Ceremony (in the case of a grand prize winner), if required forms are not received by the date listed on the notification, if a potential winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, if prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, or if a prize winner otherwise declines a prize, then the prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, awarded to an alternate. Released Parties are not responsible for mechanical, technical, human or other errors relating to or in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Contest, the processing or judging of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Contest-related materials. Should any portion of the Contest be, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, compromised by non-authorized human intervention or other causes which, in the sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or impair the administration, security, fairness, or submission of entries, Sponsor reserves the right to suspend, modify or terminate the Contest and determine the potential winners from all eligible, non-suspect Nominations/entries received prior to such action using the judging procedure outlined above. This Contest will be governed by the laws of the State of North Carolina, U.S.A., and by entering you consent to jurisdiction and venue in the courts of the State of North Carolina for the resolution of any disputes.
- WINNERS LIST: To obtain the names of the prizewinners (available after 8/21/15), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Irwin Tools Home Center “Ultimate Tradesman” Contest Winners, P.O. Box 7276, Wilton CT 06897-7276. Requests must be received by 10/31/15. Winners list will be sent after winners have been verified and prizes have been awarded.
©2014 IRWIN Tools. All rights reserved.