Irwin’s “Ultimate Race Experience” Sweepstakes
OFFICIAL SWEEPSTAKES RULES
1. How to Enter: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:01 am E.T. on May 1, 2013 and ends at 11:59:59 pm E.T. on June 30, 2013. Log onto www.irwin.com/ultimaterace, the (“Contest Website”) for full rules and complete the on-line ballot in full, including your name, address, telephone number (including area code), and email address and nominate their “favourite Tradesman” and indicate the name of the company that their “favourite Tradesman” works for. All fields on the ballot must be completed unless indicated as optional. No Purchase Necessary. Void where prohibited. Limit one (1) entry per email address per day. If it is discovered that you tried to enter more than once per day, all of your entries will be void. All entries must be received on or before 11:59:59 on June 30, 2013. Newell Industries Canada Ltd. (the “Contest Sponsor”) will not be responsible for lost, late, destroyed, damaged, mutilated, illegible, stolen, or misdirected entries, which will be void.
2. Eligibility: This Sweepstakes is open to legal residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence, except employees of the Contest Sponsor, their respective affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, the independent judging organization, and members of the immediate families (defined as spouse, sibling, parent or child) living in the same household.
3. Prizes: There will be two (2) Grand Prizes available to be won (one for the winner and one for the nominated tradesman). The prize consists of the winner choosing one (1) of the following prizes designated at A and B in this section: A.) a trip for the winner and one (1) guest (who have reached the age of majority in their home province) to Bristol, Tennessee, for the IRWIN Tools Night Race at Bristol Motor Speedway departing August 22, 2013 and returning August 25, 2013. The trip consists of economy airfare for two (2) from the major Canadian airport nearest the winner's home to the trip destination, roundtrip transfers as required, and accommodation for four (4) days and three (3) nights (accommodations determined at the sole discretion of the contest sponsor). Note that the approximate retail value of the trip is based on a Vancouver departure and accommodation is based on two (2) occupants sharing a room. Also included is ground transportation to and from the airport along with ground transportation to all events, two (2) suite passes to “The Nationwide Race” on Friday August 23, 2013, two (2) IRWIN Tools Night Race grandstand tickets on Saturday August 24, 2013 and all meals. Approximate retail value is $7,500.00 CDN; OR B.) a cash equivalent in the amount of $3,500.00 CDN.
There will be ten (10) Second Prizes available to be won (five (5) for the winners and five (5) for the nominated tradesmen). The prize consists of an IRWIN Tools gift bag (product to be determined by the Contest Sponsor). Approximate retail value is $100.00 CDN.
4. Prize Conditions: Limit of one Prize per household. The Prizes are non-transferable and must be accepted as awarded with no substitutions, whether in cash or otherwise. The Contest Sponsor does reserve the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater monetary value (in cash or otherwise, at its sole discretion), if the prize, or any element of the prize, cannot be awarded as described above for any reason, including but not limited to weather conditions, event cancellations, or other factors beyond the Contest Sponsor’s reasonable control. Seat location will be selected at the sole discretion of the Contest Sponsor. The winners and their guests are responsible for any expenses not specifically described above as included in the prize, including but not limited to applicable taxes, additional ground transportation, meals, beverages, gratuities, travel and/or medical insurance, airport improvement fees, and all incidental and personal expenses. The winners and their guests must travel together on the same itinerary on the dates specified by the Contest Sponsor or the prize may be forfeited, in whole or in part. The winners and their guests must be free of any restrictions on their ability to travel as set out by these Official Rules. It is the sole responsibility of the winner and his/her guests to obtain all required travel documents. The winners and winners’ guests must also sign a release prior to the trip. The identity of the winners’ guests may not be changed once the Release Form has been received by Sponsor. By accepting a prize, the winners consent to the use of his/her name, address, (city/province/territory) of residence, and/or photograph, without further compensation or notice, in any publicity carried out in any media whatsoever by the Contest Sponsor, and/or its advertising and promotional agencies, in association with this Contest.
5. Sweepstakes Draw: A random draw will take place on or about July 3, 2013 at approximately 10:00 am ET in Pickering, Ontario from all entries received. The odds of winning will depend on the number of entries received. Selected entrants will be notified by telephone within five (5) days of the contest draw. Before being declared a winner, the selected entrants must first correctly answer a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, to be administered by telephone at a pre-arranged, mutually convenient time. The selected entrants and their guests will also be required to sign and return a standard Declaration and Release Form confirming compliance with these Official Rules and releasing the Contest Sponsor from any liability in connection with this Sweepstakes before being declared a winner. Declaration and Release documents must be returned within the time period indicated in the documents or the prize will be forfeited. If the selected entrant cannot be contacted within five (5) days, the Prize will be forfeited and will be awarded to an alternate entrant.
7. Limits of Liability; Termination; Etc.: The Contest Sponsor is not responsible for (a) technical, network, telephone, online, electronic, computer hardware or software failures of any kind, (b) entries that are stolen, damaged, postage-due, illegible, late, misdirected, incomplete, garbled or delayed, (c) technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof, or (d) any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer resulting from downloading of any materials or participation in the Sweepstakes. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as contemplated in these Official Rules, or if the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes is corrupted or adversely affected, including by reason of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized interventions, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the Contest Sponsor’s control, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes (subject to the permission of the Régie des alcohols, des courses et des jeux in Quebec), including suspending or terminating the affected method(s) of entry, and/or selection of the winner from entries received prior to the time of corruption or adverse affect. Contest Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify, from this Sweepstakes and any future sweepstakes or other promotion conducted by Contest Sponsor, any individual that it finds or believes to be not in compliance with these Official Rules, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or the Website; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. By accepting the prize, the Grand Prize winner and guest each acknowledge the inherently dangerous nature of and risks in any travel or transportation and attending public events, including but not limited to personal injury and or death, acknowledges that his/her participation in the Grand Prize event is voluntary and assumes and accepts the risk of such natural factors and occurrences which may impact or affect the safety of the activities he/she is participating in and agrees that the Contest Sponsor (as well as all of their respective agencies, parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and each of their respective officers, directors, shareholders, members, employees, agents, assigns) shall not be in any way responsible for any resulting injury and/or death.
8. General: By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to abide by these Official Sweepstakes Rules. All decisions of the Contest Sponsor, or any Sweepstakes judging organization appointed by it, are final and binding in all matters related to this Sweepstakes. All entries become the property of the Contest Sponsor and none will be returned. In the event of a dispute regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized account holder of the account used to submit the entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses. This Sweepstakes and all attributes associated therewith shall be governed by the laws of the Province of Ontario.
9. Québec Residents: Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcohols, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
10. Intellectual Property: Except as otherwise set out herein, all intellectual property, including but not limited to trade-marks, trade-names, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Contest Sponsor and/or its affiliates. All rights are reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any copyrighted material or intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.