IRWIN® TOOLS “ULTIMATE TRADESMAN” CONTEST
February 23rd to August 30th 2015
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR CLAIM A PRIZE.
Terms & Conditions:
- ELIGIBILITY: Open to individual participants aged 18 or over at the time of entry, residents of the United Kingdom. Entries not submitted in accordance with the present terms and conditions will be disqualified and you will not be entered into the prize draw. Prize draw is not open to any Promoter employees or agency's employees.
- TO ENTER: The Contest begins at 12:00:01 AM GMT on February 23rd 2015 and ends at 11:59:59 GMT on August 30th 2015 (the “Promotion Period”). Nominate a professional tradesman who has made a difference in your community and is deserving of the “2015 National Tradesman” title by visiting www.irwin.co.uk/nominate during the Promotion Period and following the instructions (a “Nomination”). You may nominate yourself if you are a professional tradesman. Nomination must include an essay of no more than 500 words stating why you believe your nominated professional tradesman has made a difference in his or her community. Essay must convey the nominated professional tradesman’s innovation and passion for his/her trade through community service. A “professional tradesman” is defined as a person, who for his/her profession has been paid to perform a skill/trade and utilizes tools and/or power tools to complete this skill or trade. The essay must be factually accurate, e.g., based on actual events and circumstances. The essay must be written in English. Nominations must be received by 11:59:59 PM GMT on 30th August 2015. Limit one nomination per person as nominator. Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for late, incomplete or inaccurate Nominations, and all such Nominations will be void. Released Parties are also not responsible for computer system, phone line, hardware, software or program malfunctions, or other errors, failures or delays in computer transmissions or network connections that are human or technical in nature.
Essay must be original, created solely by nominator, unpublished, may not have been submitted in any other competition, and cannot infringe upon any rights of any third party including but not limited to any copyright, trade name, trademark, property rights, rights of privacy or publicity or any other rights of any person or entity. The essay must not have won any other prize or award, must not have been previously published, and must not have been submitted in any other contest, promotional event, or publication at any time. Once submitted, the essay may not be further edited. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Nomination it deems to be inappropriate, offensive or not in keeping with Sponsor’s image, in its sole discretion. Essays that exceed 500 words, or which, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, are deemed not to be original or are deemed to be inappropriate for publication will be ineligible. All Nominations become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. By participating, nominators and, by accepting a prize, prize winners, agree to be bound by these Official Rules. A Nomination may be withdrawn in Sponsor’s discretion if written request for such withdrawal is made by the nominee.
- JUDGING: All eligible Nominations received will be judged by a panel of independent qualified judges whose decisions are final and binding in all judging matters relating to this Contest. Nominations will be judged on the following equally-weighted criteria: 1) keeping with the spirit of the Ultimate Tradesman theme, 2) the impact made by the nominee in his or her community and 3) the nominee’s passion for his/her trade. Nominations will be judged solely on the basis of information submitted with the Contest essay. Nominations will be divided into six monthly judging periods, described below, based on the date on which each Nomination is completed. For each of these 6 monthly judging periods, the nominee whose Nomination receives the highest score will be declared a Finalist, subject to verification, and will receive a Finalist Prize described below. All Finalists will be judged by a second panel of judges using the same criteria, and the nominee whose Nomination receives the highest score among the 6 Finalists will be declared the Grand Prize winner. In the event of a tie, tied Nominations will be judged by an additional tie-breaking judge using the same criteria. Finalists will be notified by phone, and/or overnight mail on or about the judging selection date listed below. The Grand Prize winner will be notified by phone, and/or overnight mail on or about September 10th 2015. Sponsor is not obligated to notify the nominator that his or her nominee has been selected as a prize winner.
Finalist 1; start: 23/2/2015 at 12:00:01 AM GMT; end: 31/3/2015 at 11:59:59 GMT; Judging selection: 7/4/2015
Finalist 2; start: 1/4/2015 at 12:00:01 AM GMT; end: 30/4/2015 at 11:59:59 GMT; Judging selection: 7/5/2015
Finalist 3; start: 1/5/2015 at 12:00:01 AM GMT; end: 31/5/2015 at 11:59:59 GMT; Judging selection: 7/6/2015
Finalist 4; start: 1/6/2015 at 12:00:01 AM GMT; end: 30/6/2015 at 11:59:59 GMT; Judging selection: 7/7/2015
Finalist 5; start: 1/7/2015 at 12:00:01 AM GMT; end: 31/7/2015 at 11:59:59 GMT; Judging selection: 7/8/2015
Finalist 6; start: 1/8/2015 at 12:00:01 AM GMT; end: 30/8/2015 at 11:59:59 GMT; Judging selection: 3/9/2015
Grand Prize Winner; start: 4/9/2015 at 12:00:01 AM GMT; end: 10/9/2015 at 11:59:59 GMT; Judging selection: 3/9/2015. Winner will be announced and presented the car at Toolfair Elex Coventry on National Tradesman’s Day = 18/9/2015.
- PRIZES: 6 (six) x £500 toolkits comprising of the latest IRWIN Tools valued at the 2015 list prices for the finalists - RRP of one Toolkit : GBP £ 500. 6 (six) places at NFL Wembley experience on Sunday 4th October - . RRP of one place at NFL Wembley experience : GBP £ 600 . Each Finalist will win one toolkit of the latest IRWIN Tools and one place at NFL Wembley experience.
1 (One) Grand Prize: A 2015 Ford F-150 4x4 Super Crew Cab Pickup truck (“Vehicle”), a trip for winner and one (1) guest to attend the “2015 National Tradesman Crowning” at the Toolfair Elex competition in Coventry (“Trip”) where winner will be crowned 2015 National Tradesman on 18th September 2015. Winner must accept the Vehicle as is. Color, options and other features of the Vehicle to be specified by Sponsor. Grand prize winner must accept delivery of Vehicle as specified by Sponsor, at a designated address near his/her residence and is responsible for title, license and registration fees and local tax and/or duty fees (if required); and must have a valid driver’s license and provide evidence of insurance at time the Vehicle is awarded. Vehicle awarded may vary in model, color and accessories from that depicted in advertising and promotional materials. Grand Prize valued at GBP £34,300. Any difference between the value stated above and the actual value will not be awarded.
Limit one (1) Finalist Prize per person or household. Allow 4-6 weeks for shipment of Finalist Prize from date winner is confirmed.
Services, insurance and any costs for repairs are not included.
Prizes will be awarded to the winning nominees; nominators will not receive a prize (unless the nominator nominated himself or herself). No substitution, assignment or transfer of prize permitted by winner. Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash, but Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize in whole or part with a prize of comparable or greater value, at its sole discretion if an advertised prize becomes unavailable. If a winner is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, prize may be awarded in the name of, or to, winner’s parent/legal guardian who must execute all documents and agree to all obligations and undertakings of winner.
Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item. In the event of the prize not being available for whatever reason, the Promoter may offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value and quality. Promoter is not responsible for lost, late, postage-due, damaged, undeliverable, or misdirected mail or illegible requests. Promoter reserves the right to reject any entry deemed in its sole discretion to be false or otherwise inappropriate. Fraudulent submissions may be subject to prosecution.
- OWNERSHIP/USE: Submission of a Nomination constitutes the nominator’s consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to the Sponsor any and all rights, title and interest in the Nomination and essay as part of the Nomination, including, without limitation, all copyrights, and the nominator waives all moral rights in respect of the Nomination and the essay. By submitting a Nomination and essay, the nominator represents and warrants that (a) the essay is original work created solely by the nominator and all factual matters set forth therein are true, (b) the essay does not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/publicity or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, (c) use and publication of the essay by Sponsor will not infringe on the copyrights, trademarks, moral rights, rights of privacy/public or intellectual property rights of any person or entity, (d) the essay has not previously been and will not in the future be entered in any other contest, and (e) the essay has not been previously published in any medium. By submitting a Nomination and essay, the nominator further agrees that Sponsor may exploit, edit, modify, and distribute the essay and all elements of such entry, including, without limitation, the names and likenesses of any persons or locations embodied therein, in any and all media now known or not currently known, throughout the world in perpetuity without compensation, permission or notification to entrant or any third party. Each winner, by acceptance of prize, except where legally prohibited, grants permission for Sponsor and its designees to use his/her name, photograph, biographical information contained in winning essay, voice and/or likeness for advertising, trade and promotional purposes without further compensation, at any time, in all media now known or hereafter discovered worldwide and on the Internet without notice or review or approval.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: All details and other restrictions of any prize not specified in these Official Rules will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. By submitting a Nomination or accepting a prize, as applicable, each nominator and winner agrees to release and hold Sponsor, Newell Rubbermaid Inc., participating retailers, IMS and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies and advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) harmless from and against, any liability, for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind, to persons, including death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of the prize or participation in this Contest or in any Contest-related activity including preparing for and traveling to any Prize-related activity. If a potential winner is found to be ineligible or not in compliance with these Official Rules, if prize notification or prize is returned as undeliverable, or if a prize winner otherwise declines a prize, then the prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor’s discretion, awarded to an alternate.
- SPONSOR: The Promoter may retain your Personal Data for marketing purposes. Your Personal data will be treated in confidence and will not be disclosed to any third party for marketing purpose. According to the Data Protection Law, you have the right to access, modify or remove your personal data by writing to the Promoter at the following address: Newell Rubbermaid UK Services Limited, Halifax Avenue, Fradley Park, Lichfield, Staffordshire WS13 8SS. If you do not wish for your personal data to be held on record please contact us at email@example.com to request this is removed.
In the event of dispute, the Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Promoter: Newell Rubbermaid UK Services Limited, Halifax Avenue, Fradley Park, Lichfield, WS13 8SS. Registration number: 02933327.
©2015 IRWIN Tools. All rights reserved.